Hello everyone, We witnessed 2 very successful seasons of Shark Tank India. We saw lots of new and innovative brands from various sectors. Many of the received funding as well from the sharks aka Judges. In this blog, we are going to talk about the Top D2C brands from shark tank India.
About Shark Tank
Shark tank is an entrepreneurial reality show that has been active since 2009. It’s a format where entrepreneurs pitch their ideas and companies to a panel of potential investors known as “the Sharks”.
The program was originally created for the American market but since then has found its footing in various different countries and their television networks, the latest one being India.
Brands that received funding from the sharks or judges, and even some that did not, have seen tremendous success.
The show offers a well-deserved platform to startups and entrepreneurs, allowing them a chance to secure funding and mentorship for their businesses.
Shark tank India had set out to provide this platform to brands in India. The panel of sharks is really impressive with well-established business moguls offering their expertise and resources to budding entrepreneurs.
Shark Tank Judges (Season 2):
Let’s get to know the sharks a little better.
Ashneer Grover (Season 1 only) – Ashneer Grover, a graduate of IIT Delhi and IIM Ahmedabad, is the CEO and co-founder of BharatPe, a payment software that allows free UPI and card payments from any app. He has not participated as a Judge in the 2nd season of Shark Tank. Though he was one of the most popular sharks from Season 1.
Anupam Mittal- One of India’s most active angel investors is the creator and CEO of People Group, which includes Shaadi.com, Makaan.com, Mauj Mobile, and People Pictures.
Aman Gupta- BOAT’s co-founder and Marketing Director is Aman Gupta. BOAT is one of the most popular headset equipment models in India, with a market share of 27.3 percent.
Vinita Singh- Vineeta Singh is a TEDx speaker and IIT Madras and IIM Ahmedabad alumna. SUGAR Cosmetics is India’s fastest-growing beauty business, and she is the CEO and co-founder of the company. In its fifth year of operation, the company raised more than 100 million rupees. With over 2,500 branded retail outlets in over 130 cities across India, the company has a large distribution network.
Namita Thapar- Namita Thapar is the CEO of Emcure Pharma, a multinational pharmaceutical company situated in Pune. The firm has a revenue of approximately 4,000 million rupees. She’s also the founder and CEO of Incredible Ventures Ltd., as well as a crew member of Finolex Cables.
Peyush Bansal- With his omnichannel approach, the founder and CEO of Lenskart.com, India’s top e-commerce portal for glasses, changed the country’s glasses market.
Amit Jain – He is the new shark on the show. Amit is the Co-founder and CEO of the CarDekho group. He started his entrepreneurial journey with his brother and built multiple businesses like CarDekho, InsuranceDekho, etc. He is based out of Jaipur.
The format also featured several impressive D2C brands. A few companies managed to impress the sharks.
21+ Best D2C Brands from Shark Tank
1. TagZ Foods- Founded by Anish Basu Roy and Sagar Bhalotia is a company that sells popped potato chips and claims to be healthier than its available counterparts. They managed to impress multiple sharks but closed a deal with Ashneer Grover at a whopping 70 lakhs for 2.75% equity. They have had an impressive revenue stream and have seen a boost post-shark tank.
2. Skippi- Founded by Anuja Kabra and Ravi Kabra is a Hyderabad-based ice pop brand that managed to secure this season’s first all-shark deal at an impressive 1 crore rupees! The fact that the popsicles can be sold at room temperature provided them the edge that they needed.
3. Let’s Try- Founded by Nitin Kalra, Chitra Gupta, Neelam Kalra, and Geetanjali is a zero preservative, groundnut oil company based in Delhi. They managed to impress sharks, Aman Gupta and Anupam Mittal. They secured the deal at INR 45 lakhs for a 12% equity stake in their company.
4. Beyond water- Founded by Devang Singhania and Sachi Singhania is India’s first water enhancer that is available in different delicious flavors. The company is based in Mumbai and solves the issue of adulteration of water. They managed to impress sharks, Aman Gupta and Namita Thapar and closed the deal at 75 lakhs for 15% equity.
5. Kerala banana chips- Founded by Manas Madhu is a company that just focuses on marketing banana chips. The entire process is completely hygienic and managed to impress Ashneer Grover and Aman Gupta at 50 lakhs for 2.5 % equity.
6. Patil Kaki
7. Jha Ji Achar
8. Wakao Foods
11. Ariro Toys
Daalchini as a “Growth Enabler” for D2C Brands
Daalchini has also created a tech-enabled platform for emerging & established D2C Food brands to sell their products through a widely spread network of Smart Vending Machines.
Daalchini provides Retail-as-a-Service to D2C brands to launch across multiple geographies & reach their target audience in just a few days through our community of smart vending machines and logistics services.
Lots of top brands like Open Secret, BRB, Snackibles, Snickers, Dole, True Elements, Jubilant, Haldiram, Britannia, and many others are already selling their products through our smart vending machines and have seen tremendous growth in their revenue.
Shark Tank season one saw widespread popularity and helped promote the entrepreneurial lifestyle, inspiring people all over India. Various D2C as well as other startups participated and gave a strong message to society that anyone with hard work and dedication can become an entrepreneur.
It also allowed the masses to understand the mechanics of businesses and gain a better understanding of the Indian market. D2C brands from shark tank India are seeing a great rise in their daily userbase and growth in their business because of the nationwide telecast of the show.
As season one comes to an end, we hope it has established everything it set out to achieve and we are looking forward to the success of the various companies that were featured and to the subsequent seasons!
Read More: How to Get Vending Machine Franchise in India